Thursday, October 22, 2009

Happy Birthday Jonah!

Today is my "little" brother Jonah's birthday. I don't really have anything unique or clever to say, just that I'm so glad he's my brother and that he celebrates 17 years of life with my family today. I remember back when my mom was pregnant with Jo and found out what she was having. She gathered us around and said "We're going to have another 'wave rider' (our nickname for Noah, the first boy after 4 girls) !" We were all so excited. Then, when he was born, we found out he should have been dubbed "wave maker" because that's what he did. He created huge waves of turmoil by his emergency entrance into the world (due to placental abruption) And afterward, Mom was in a state of shock over this big baby with the huge head and huge eyes that looked so different from all the rest of us. And now that cute baby has turned into a handsome young man with killer dimples in cheeks and chin.

But just like the way he came into the world with a bang, I believe Jonah is going to be a "wave maker" in the world. He sometimes reminds me of the apostle Peter, who was impulsive and passionate, often speaking before thinking and acting on the best of intentions but ending in disaster. And like Peter, Jo may have to learn some hard lessons - the hard way - before he is fit to do the work God has for him. But I believe that Jonah will grow in God and become a man who serves the Lord with all his might. A man who will do great things for the Kingdom and be a real "wave maker" for the glory of the Father.

So, in that vein, I just want to say "Keep going hard after God Jonah. Take that impulsive nature and use it to serve God impulsively. Be passionate about the things of God. Happy Birthday JO-JO! I Love You!!

No comments:

Post a Comment