Saturday, July 25, 2009

Bigah Sue

There is a little girl
Her name is Bigah Sue
Her eyes and smile capture
When she looks at you

Always up to mischief
Always on the run
But if and when you catch her
She'll make your life so fun

With eyes of sky
And hair of corn
And skin as fair
As the day she was born

Some people love her
Who've never even met her
And some people wonder
At our luck to get her

But I know it was not
"Luck" that stepped in
It was God and His plan
That made her my kin

The day she was created
A huge smile was what He wore
As He looked at the clay in His hands
And saw something so much more

"Oh my child" He breathed
And then He laughed with delight
"You will be a joy to create
A magnificent sight"

"A heart as innocent
And pure as gold
With a sprinkling of cheekiness
To keep them on their toes"

"A smile full of sunshine
That lights an entire room
And enough love in your heart
To pierce the darkest gloom"

"I will keep from you the knowledge
Of mens' cruel greed and malice
And through you bring the world
Affection without prejudice"

"The world will call you defected
Unfit to live or be born
But they cannot see you are perfected
Unblemished and untorn"

"I will place you in a family
To flourish and to grow
And as they wait for you
They cannot even begin to know"

"The love you will give
The joy you will be
The blessings you will bring
To their happy family"

"These are the gifts I give
For you are MINE
And you are special
An image DIVINE"

So with an almighty flourish
On July 27th, 2003
He fashioned the life
By spoken decree

And I'm so glad He did
Such a miracle that day
A little sister to love
To laugh and to play

So Happy Birthday from Sessa
My little Bigah Sue
You are my white-haired angel
And I will always love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment