Friday, June 12, 2009

Firmly in place

My plans and travel schedule are finally in place. I have an itinerary which has me leaving on Tuesday morning at 7:15 and arriving in South Korea at 3:05 p.m. on Wednesday. Talk about a long trip! Its roughly a fourteen hour flight from Dallas to Seoul so I'm planning on taking some sort of sleeping aid with me to combat my usual inability to sleep on planes. I might need one of those travel pillows as well.
The reality of being gone for a whole year really hasn't set in yet. I just have so much adrenaline and excitement flowing that I can't really feel anything else. I feel bad for people here who are already sad about my leaving but I'm sure it will kick in for me eventually, probably when I'm over there and all alone. So take comfort all you who must think I am a cold, unfeeling person who doesn't care; I shall get my just rewards.
Well, I guess that's all for now. I might write one more post before I leave or the next one might just be written from a far off place.

No comments:

Post a Comment