Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Visa at last!

I made it to Houston today by plane instead of by car as originally planned (due to parental concern about lack of sleep, etc.) I arrived in plenty of time for my 2:30 interview which went very well and was thankfully fairly brief. I was then told I could come back at 4:00 and pick up my passport which would contain my Visa. Talk about fast! I was shocked and kept thinking they meant 4:00 the next day but she said no, today. So, here I am sitting in a hotel room that I didn't really need after all, knowing that I have to wait all day tomorrow until 7:00 to fly back. Frustrating but unavoidable because you really can't plan these things ahead, just have to make the most conservative plans possible, which is what I did.
I also received an e-mail today from the director of my school in Korea saying that he had booked a flight for the 16th of next week. It is a direct flight from Dallas, TX to Incheon International Airport near Seoul. I think I read that the flight was about fifteen hours long.
I am extremely thankful tonight for the way things are falling into place. I just can't wait to get home and organize and pack (not!). Seriously though, PTL for answered prayer!

No comments:

Post a Comment